We are an ambitious, growing startup seeking top performers with infectious enthusiasm, passion, and conviction who will be as committed to our core values and mission as we are. Because we're small, the pace is fast and our attitude is hands-on. We juggle a lot and do less with more and we love it. We have an exceptionally bright team brimming with cutting edge ideas and curiosity who thrive on collaboration so be ready to share you knowledge and prepare for continuous learning. The spirit of Abpro is entrepreneurial so you need to be proactive, autonomous, and solution-oriented to keep up. We value our diversity and believe that every individual counts and every idea matters so prepare to speak up and be heard.
Our Values - Accountability, Collaboration, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation
Abpro believes that a healthy company sets the stage, ultimately, for healthy patients. We pride ourselves on our five values and model them in all that we do.
The Immunology Scientist will join the team that is driving our lead molecule, ABP-100*, to IND and work to expand our pipeline of T cell-engaging bispecific antibodies to target both liquid and solid tumors. This position is responsible for combining an extensive knowledge of immunology with experience in cancer biology to help drive projects from exploratory stages to clinical development. You will design and lead experiments to develop pre-clinical models, evaluate the MOA and activity of our preclinical candidates, develop translational medicine strategies, and manage research associates.
* ABP-100 is a HER2/CD3 bispecific antibody with a unique tetravalent format that is designed to eliminate HER2-positive cancers by recruiting and activating CTLs in a HER2-dependent manner.
How You'll Contribute
1. Help drive ABP-100 to IND and serve as the research team leader on an earlier-stage bispecific antibody that engages CTLs to fight cancer
2. Design and lead biology experiments to define MOA and evaluate the preclinical activity of therapeutic candidates
3. Develop preclinical models and design and oversee execution of in vivo pharmacology efforts
4. Lead translational research experiments including the development of clinical biomarker assays, evaluation of pharmacodynamics, and development of translational medicine plans
5. Analyze data, interpret results, and present research findings internally and at scientific meetings/conferences
6. Proactively review the scientific literature to identify and share new scientific findings, ideas, and methods with other scientists at Abpro.
Other Focus Areas
1. Carrying out the mission of Abpro
2. Model and support Company Values
3. Ongoing personal development
4. Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
5. Participate in a wide variety of special projects
6. Abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions
7, Contribute to a culture of accountability & performance
8. Drive a focus on quality and process improvement
9. Plan work, track results, and resolve variances
Keys to Success
1. Ph.D. and post-doctoral training in Immunology/Cancer Biology with demonstrated experience in immuno-oncology
2. 1-4 years of experience in biotech/pharma
3. Proven track record of scientific excellence as evidenced by high impact, peer reviewed publications
Successful Candidate's Profile
1. Proactive approach
2. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and use their own initiative to prioritize tasks
3. Attention to detail and able to work to strict deadlines
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
5. Ability to identify problems, make recommendations, and implement timely solutions
6. Excellent presentation, and inter-personal skills
7. Superb organizational skills
8. Capability to work within a dynamic matrix environment, with strong contribution to project strategies and progression
What's In It For You?
Abpro is growing quickly and opportunity abounds. We offer an environment where you'll be exposed to multiple initiatives at once and have a direct impact on helping to further our mission. Do you want to be part of the solution? Do you want to work with world-class scientists on the leading edge of medical breakthroughs? We are committed to work-life balance and, in addition to sick time, we offer 3 weeks vacation, flexible hours, and a Monthly Time Away From Work program. We also want you to be comfortable so you can concentrate on the science - dress is casual. We're all equals - our floor plan is completely open to promote collaboration and communication and there's a defined growth path for everyone. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards compensation package including annual bonus, equity, and competitive base salary in addition to medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, Life, and AD&D.
Apply for this position:
Thanks for your application!
We'll get back to you if your application is accepted.
There was a problem with your application.
Please try again or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org